New battlefields, old laws [electronic resource] : critical debates from the Hague Conventions to asymmetric warfare / edited by William C. Banks
- Additional Titles:
- New battlefields/old laws
- New York : Columbia University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (vi, 308 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Banks, William C.
- Extraterritorial law enforcement or transnational counterterrorist military operations : the stakes of two legal models / Geoffrey S. Corn -- Preventive detention of individuals engaged in transnational hostilities : do we need a fourth protocol additional to the 1949 Geneva Conventions? / Gregory Rose -- "Jousting at windmills" : the laws of armed conflict in an age of terror : state actors and nonstate elements / David M. Crane and Daniel Reisner -- Direct participation in hostilities : a concept broad enough for today's targeting decisions / Eric Talbot Jensen -- Nonstate actors in armed conflicts : issues of distinction and reciprocity / Daphné Richemond-Barak -- Children as direct participants in hostilities : new challenges for international humanitarian law and international criminal law / Hilly Moodrick-Even Khen -- Private military contractors and changing norms for the laws of armed conflict / Renée de Nevers -- The principle of proportionality under international humanitarian law and operation cast lead / Robert P. Barnidge Jr. -- Chumanizing irregular warfare : framing compliance for nonstate armed groups at the intersection of security and legal analyses / Corri Zoli.
- 0231526563 (electronic bk.)
9780231526562 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 9610024