The great recession : lessons for central bankers / edited by Jacob Braude [and others].
- Conference Author:
- Lessons from the World Financial Crisis (2011 : Jerusalem)
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 380 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Braude, Jacob
- Preface -- Introduction / Stanley Fischer -- Monetary policy in view of the crisis -- Monetary policy frameworks after the great financial crisis / Huw Pill and Frank Smets -- The role of monetary policy in Turkey during the global financial crisis / Harun Alp and Selim Elekda -- An assessment of Chile's monetary and fiscalpolicy responses to the global crisis / Claudio Soto -- Macroprudential and financial policies -- Central banks, macroprudential policy and the Spanish experience / Enrique Alberola, Carlos Trucharte, and Juan Luãs Vega -- Tax policies and financial stability : lessons from the crisis / Helene Schuberth -- Capital flows, capital controls, and exchange rate policies -- Managing capital inflows : old and new debates / Jonathan D. Ostry -- Capital inflows and policy responses : lessons from Korea's -- Experience / Kyuil Chung and Seungwon Kim -- Policy response to external shocks : lessons from the crisis / Carlos Capistar̃n, Gabriel Cuadra, and Manuel Ramos-Francia -- The crisis and its lessons : some case studies -- Lessons from the financial crisis : an Australian perspective / Jonathan Kearns -- Norway : central bank lessons from the world financial crisis : the approach to monetary policy and financial stability / Sigbjaern Atle Berg and Ayvind Eitrheim -- Israel and the global crisis : events, policy and lessons / Jacob Braude -- Prolonged dislocation and financial crises / Frank Browne and Robert Kelly -- Contributors -- Bibliographical references -- Index.
- "The recent financial crisis shook not only the global economy but also conventional wisdom about economic policy. After the collapse of Lehman Brothers in September 2008, policy makers reversed course and acted on an unprecedented scale. The policy response was remarkable both for its magnitude and for the variety of measures undertaken. This book examines both the major role central banks played in the crisis and the role they might play in preventing or preparing for future crises. The contributors focus on monetary policy, the new area of macroprudential policy, and issues of exchange rates, capital flows, and banking and financial markets. They look at the experiences of both developed and emerging economies, considering why some, including Israel and Australia, suffered only mild effects while others--Ireland for example-plunged into severe financial crisis."--Publisher's website.
- 9780262018340 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0262018349 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- "This volume brings together selected papers from an international conference on Lessons from the World Financial Crisis held by the Bank of Israel in Jerusalem on March 31 to April 1, 2011"--P. viii.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9612109