Estuarine and coastal fine sediments dynamics [electronic resource] : INTERCOH 2003 / edited by J.P.-Y. Maa, L.P. Sanford, and D.H. Schoellhamer
- Conference Author:
- International Conference on Cohesive Sediment Transport (2003 : Gloucester Point, Va.)
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, 2007.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (ix, 525 pages) : illustrations, maps
- Additional Creators:
- Maa, J. P.-Y. (Jerome P.-Y.)
Sanford, Lawrence P. (Lawrence Paul)
Schoellhamer, David H.
- Proceedings in marine science ; 8
- Machine generated contents note: Preliminary findings of a study of the upper reaches of the Tamar Estuary, UK, throughout a complete tidal cycle : part I : linking hydrodynamic and sediment cycles / Sarah J. Bass / K. R. Dyer / A. J. Manning -- Preliminary findings of a study of the upper reaches of the Tamar Estuary, UK, throughout a complete tidal cycle : part II : in-situ floc spectra observations / Andrew J. Manning / S. J. Bass / K. R. Dyer -- Aggregation and breakage rates in the flocculation of estuarine cohesive sediments / Luis E. Neumann / T. Howes -- An experimental study into the evolution of the size distribution of kaolinite flocs / Federico Maggi / J. C. Winterwerp -- Constancy of the relation between floc size and density in San Francisco Bay / Neil K. Ganju / D. H. Schoellhamer / M. C. Murrell / J. W. Gartner / S. A. Wright -- Effects of different erosion techniques on sediment beds in the laboratory / Gilliane Sills / G. Lintern / J. Leung -- Approximate equations for sediment erosion rates / Wilbert Lick / J. Lick / L. Jin / J. Gailani -- Estimation of annual average propeller erosion rate in San Diego Bay, California / Jerome P.-Y. Maa / B. Chadwick -- Organic-rich fine sediments in Florida, part I : sources & nature / Robert Kirby -- Organic-rich fine sediments in Florida, part II : resuspension in a lake / Jason E. Gowland / A. J. Mehta / J. D. Stuck / C. V. John / T. M. Parchure -- A modular entrainment model for cohesive sediment / Timothy R. Keen / Y. Furukawa -- On the sedimentation rate of cohesive sediment / Johan C. Winterwerp -- A preliminary study on the hindered settling of kaolinite flocs / Petra J. T. Dankers / J. C. Winterwerp / W. G. M. van Kesteren -- A parameterized consolidation model for cohesive sediments / Gerben J. de Boer / L. M. Merekelbach / J. C. Winterwerp -- Estimation of mud rheological parameters using genetic algorithm for a two-layer wave-mud system / Qing-He Zhang / O. W. H. Wai / Z.-D. Zhao -- The critical diameter for distinguishing bed material load and wash load of sediment in the Yangtze Estuary, China / Yuan-ye Wang / Q. He -- Seasonal variability of suspended particulate matter observed from SeaWiFS images near the Belgian coast / Dries Van den Eynde / B. Nechad / M. Fettweis / F. Francken -- A semi-analytical model for confined fluid mud flow in estuaries / Lucas M. Merckelbach / J. C. Winterwerp -- A preliminary implication of the constant erosion rate model to simulate turbidity maximums in the York River, Virginia, USA / Jae-Il Kwon / J. P.-Y. Maa / D.-Y. Lee -- Sensitivity of estuarine turbidity maximum to settling velocity, tidal mixing, and sediment supply / John C. Warner / C. R. Sherwood / W. R. Geyer -- Fine sediment transport in Ariake Bay, Japan / Yasuyuki Nakagawa -- Quadratic profile approach for profile evolutions on intertidal mud-flat / Fumihiko Yamada / N. Kobayashi / T. Kakinoki / M. Nakamichi -- Plume dispersion modelling using dynamic representation of trailer dredger source terms / Jeremy Spearman / R. N. Bray / J. Land / T. N. Burt / C. T. Mead / D. Scott -- Modeling fine sediment resuspension due to vessel passage / Trimbak M. Parchure / J. E. Davis / R. T. McAdory -- Capping of a contaminated soft cohesive sediment bed in Stryker Bay, Minnesota / Walther G. M. van Kesteren / T. van Kessel / M. J. Costello -- Neural networks in sedimentation modelling for the approach channel of the port area of Rotterdam / B. Bhattacharya / I. K. Deibel / S. A. M. Karstens / D. P. Solomatine.
- This volume is the product of the International Conference on Cohesive Sediment Transport (INTERCOH 2003) held at the Virginia Institute of Marine Science, U.S.A., during October 1-4, 2003. The topics included in this monograph range from basic research on cohesive sediment dynamics to practical applications. Also included with this book is a database that contains all experimental results as well as a comparison of numerical simulation results supported by the COSINUS project. * Provides fundamental knowledge of the dynamics of cohesive sediments * Presents practical applications of new finds on sedimentary processes * Includes valuable ready-for-use data.
9780080464695 (electronic bk.)
0080464696 (electronic bk.)
- Papers presented at the International Conference on Cohesive Sediment Transport, held in Gloucester Point, Virginia, October 1-4, 2003.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9615569