The new American scene [electronic resource].
- Corporate Author:
- Cleveland Chamber Symphony
- Albany, NY : Albany Records, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Additional Creators:
- Wittig, William, Smith, Howie, Sargous, Harry, Nelson, Nelda, Perera, Ronald, Smith, Howie, London, Edwin, and Eaton, John, 1935-
- Language Note:
- The songs sung in English; words from various sources.
- Music for flute & orchestra / Ronald Perera (10:17) -- Songs [i.e., song] for the children / Howie Smith (11:38) -- Una novella della sera primavera / Edwin London (19:58) -- Songs of desperation & comfort (Holy sonnet no. XIV (3:59) ; Lullaby for Estela (4:13) ; Lear on the heath (2:33) ; To Old Roscoff: Lullaby in north-west minor (6:24) ; Blind man's cry (7:08)) / John Eaton.
- ["00:10:17", "00:11:38", "00:19:58", "00:24:15"]
- For chamber orchestra, the 1st work with solo flute, the 2nd with solo wind controller/alto saxophone, the 3rd with solo oboe. The 4th group songs, in part arr. by the composer from earlier works. and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- William Wittig, flute (1st work) ; Howie Smith, wind controller, alto saxophone (2nd work) ; Harry Sargous, oboe (3rd work) ; Nelda Nelson, mezzo-soprano (4th group) ; Cleveland Chamber Symphony ; Edwin London, conductor (all works)
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded in Drinko Hall, Cleveland State University.
View MARC record | catkey: 9615932