Interpreting Heidegger : critical essays / edited by Daniel O. Dahlstrom
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 301 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Dahlstrom, Daniel O.
- Heidegger's hermeneutics: towards a new practice of understanding / Holger Zaborowski -- Facticity and Ereignis / Thomas Sheehan -- The null basis-being of a nullity, or between two nothings: Heidegger's uncanniness / Simon Critchley -- Heidegger's concept of freedom, 1927-1930 / Charles Guignon -- Ontotheology / Iain Thomson -- Being at the beginning: Heidegger's interpretation of Heraclitus / Daniel O. Dahlstrom -- Being-affected: Heidegger, Aristotle, and the pathology of truth / Josh Michael Hayes -- Heidegger's interpretation of Kant / Stephan Käufer -- The death of God and the life of being: Heidegger's confrontation with Nietzsche / Tracy Colony -- Heidegger's poetics of relationality / Andrew Mitchell -- Analyzing Heidegger: a history of analytic reactions to Heidegger / Lee Braver -- Lévinas and Heidegger: a strange conversation / Wayne Froman -- Derrida's reading of Heidegger Françoise Dastur.
- "This volume of essays by internationally prominent scholars interprets the full range of Heidegger's thought and major critical interpretations of it. It explores such central themes as hermeneutics, facticity and Ereignis, conscience in Being and Time, freedom in the writings of his period of transition from fundamental ontology, and his mature criticisms of metaphysics and ontotheology. The volume also examines Heidegger's interpretations of other authors, the philosophers Aristotle, Kant and Nietzsche and the poets Rilke, Trakl and George. A final group of essays interprets the critical reception of Heidegger's thought, both in the analytic tradition (Ryle, Carnap, Rorty and Dreyfus) and in France (Derrida and Lv̌inas). This rich and wide-ranging collection will appeal to all who are interested in the themes, the development and the context of Heidegger's philosophical thought"--
- 9780521764940 (hardback)
- Includes index.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9620794