Selling sickness [electronic resource] / a Paradigm Pictures production ; director, Catherine Scott ; producer, Pat Fiske
- Additional Titles:
- Ill for every pill
- Boston, MA : Fanlight Productions, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (52 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Australian Film Finance Corporation, First Run/Icarus Films, and Paradigm Pictures
- Health and society in video
- Documentary examines the pharmaceutical industry's marketing of antidepressants with particular emphasis on the firm GlaxoSmithKline. It explores the unhealthy relationships between society, medical science and the pharmaceutical industry as they promote miracle cures - selling not just drugs but also the latest diseases that go with them. It also looks at the growing controversy around SSRI antidepressants (especially as they affect adolescents) and follows British psychiatrist David Healy and patients' accusations that aggressive drug marketing is blurring the boundaries between medical conditions and ordinary life.
- Previously published as DVD., "Presented by Icarus Films" --Title frame., Originally produced by the Australian Film Finance Corporation Limited in 2004., Related to the book Selling Sickness / Ray Moynihan and Alan Cassels., Title from opening frames and end credits., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2012. (Health and society in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 9621800