College drinking and drug use [electronic resource] / edited by Helene Raskin White, David L. Rabiner
- Duke series in child development and public policy
- Pt. 1. The scope of the problem -- pt. 2. Biological and neuropsychological aspects of substance use -- pt. 3. Psychological and social aspects of substance use -- pt. 4. Prevention and intervention strategies -- pt. 5. Policy issues.
- "Substance use among college students can result in serious academic and safety problems and have long-term negative repercussions. This state-of-the-art volume draws on the latest research on students' alcohol and drug use to provide useful suggestions for how to address this critical issue on college campuses. Leading researchers from multiple disciplines examine the prevalence and nature of substance use by students; biological and neuropsychological considerations; psychological and social aspects; prevention; and policy. Exemplary programs are presented--including brief interventions, comprehensive prevention programs, and recovery support programs--enhancing the utility of the book for campus-based clinicians and administrators"--
- 9781609189594 (electronic bk.)
1609189590 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2012
View MARC record | catkey: 9622546