Potash in North America / by J. W. Turrentine ...
- Turrentine, John William, 1880-
- New York : Reinhold publishing corporation, .
- Physical Description:
- 186 p. : col. front., ill. (incl. maps) diagrs. ; 24 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Monograph series (American Chemical Society) ; no. 91
- INTRODUCTION: FIFTEEN YEARS IN REVIEW: Potash legislation -- Exploration of the Permian Basin -- Examination of cores -- Reserves -- Current operations -- Polyhalite -- Foreign developments -- Germany, The N.V. potash export My., France, Poland, Spain, Russia (U.S.S.R.), Palestine, Chile -- The American Potash Institute -- Potash literature -- World potash reserves -- THE USES OF POTASH IN AMERICAN INDUSTRIES: Potash in agriculture -- Potash distribution -- Potash in chemical industries -- American trade in potash salts -- Imports, domestic production, exports, chemical salts -- World trade in potash salts -- Prices -- TECHNOLOGY OF POTASH PRODUCTION: Refining of Searles Lake brine -- The operations of American Potash & Chemical Corporation -- The project in review, the Trona process, the phase rule as applied to the Trona process -- The mining of sylvinite -- The mining of langbeinite -- The refining of sylvinite -- Crystallization methods, flotation methods -- The refining of lanbeinite -- The refining of Salduro Marsh brine.
- A continuation of the author's "Potash, a review, estimate and forecast," published in 1926.
View MARC record | catkey: 962483