Religions in movement : the local and the global in contemporary faith traditions / edited by Robert W. Hefner ... [and others].
- New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 320 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hefner, Robert W., 1952-
- Routledge studies in religion ; 27
- Introduction: global perspectives on religion, nationalism and politics / John Hutchinson -- Islam, politics and globalisation: what are the issues and outcomes? / Jeffrey Haynes -- The paradox of globalisation: Quakers, religious NGOs and the United Nations / Jeremy Carrette -- European secularity and religious modernity in Russia and Eastern Europe: focus on Orthodox Christianity / Inna Naletova -- The Orthodox traidition in a globalising world: the case of the Romanian Orthodox Church / Suna Gülfer Ihlamur-Öner -- Good Muslims, good Chinese: state modernisation policies, globalisation of religious networks and the changing Hui ethno-religious identifications / Maja Veselič -- Where national histories and colonial myths meet: 'Histoire Croisée' and memory of the Moroccan-Berber cultural movement in the Netherlands / Norah Karrouche -- Self-sacrifice and martyrdom in terrorism: political and religious motives / Francesco Marone -- Varieties of religious globalisation / Robert W. Hefner -- Religion in the contemporary globalised world: construction, migration, challenge, diversity / Peter Beyer -- Voluntarism: niche markets created by a fissile transnational faith / David Martin -- Women perform ⁾Ijtihād: hybridity as creative space for interpretations of Islam / Els Vanderwaren -- Processes of localised and globalised Islam among young Muslims in Berlin / Synnøve Bendixsen -- Towards cultural translation: rethinking the dynamics of religious pluralism and globalisation through the Sathya Sai movement / Tulasi Srinivas -- Ghanaian films and chiefs as indicators of religious change among the Akan in Kumasi and its migrants in Southeast Amsterdam / Louise Müller.
- 9780415818759 (hbk) and 0415818753 (hbk)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -307) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 9738483