Cross-Layer Design in Optical Networks [electronic resource] / edited by Suresh Subramaniam, Maïté Brandt-Pearce, Piet Demeester, Chava Vijaya Saradhi
- Subramaniam, Suresh, 1968-
- Boston, MA : Springer US : Imprint: Springer, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- VI, 380 pages 155 illustrations, 104 illustrations in color : digital
- Additional Creators:
- Brandt-Pearce, Maïté, Demeester, Piet, Vijaya Saradhi, Chava, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Optical Networks, 1935-3839 ; 15
- Introduction -- A tutorial of physical layer impairments in optical networks -- Dynamic Impairment-Aware Routing and Wavelength Assignment -- Routing andWavelength Assignment in WDM Networks with Mixed Line Rates -- Considering Linear and Non-Linear Impairments in Planning WDM Networks -- Cross-Layer Control of Semi-Transparent Optical Networks under Physical-Parameter Uncertainty -- Analytical models for QoT-aware RWA performance -- Impairment-Aware Control Plane Architectures to Handle Optical Networks of the Future -- QoT-Aware Survivable Network Design.- Energy-efficient traffic engineering -- Multi-layer Protection with Integrated Routing in MPLS-over-WDM Optical Networks -- Cross-Layer Survivability -- Photonics Grids and Clouds -- Bringing Optical Network Control to the User Facilities: Evolution of the User Controlled Light Path Provisioning Paradigm.-Cross-Layer Network Design and Control Testbeds -- Free Space Optical Wireless Network.
- Optical networks have become an integral part of the communications infrastructure needed to support society’s demand for high-speed connectivity. Cross-Layer Design in Optical Networks addresses topics in optical network design and analysis with a focus on physical-layer impairment awareness and network layer service requirements, essential for the implementation and management of robust scalable networks. The cross-layer treatment includes bottom-up impacts of the physical and lambda layers, such as dispersion, noise, nonlinearity, crosstalk, dense wavelength packing, and wavelength line rates, as well as top-down approaches to handle physical-layer impairments and service requirements.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 9753726