Automated Reasoning and Mathematics [electronic resource] : Essays in Memory of William W. McCune / edited by Maria Paola Bonacina, Mark E. Stickel
- Bonacina, Maria Paola
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- XX, 259 pages 27 illustrations : digital
- Additional Creators:
- Stickel, M. E. (Mark E.), 1947- and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 0302-9743 ; 7788
- This Festschrift volume is published in memory of William W. McCune who passed away in 2011. William W. McCune was an accomplished computer scientist all around but especially a fantastic system builder and software engineer. The volume includes 13 full papers, which are presenting research in all aspects of automated reasoning and its applications to mathematics. These papers have been thoroughly reviewed and selected out of 15 submissions received in response to the call for paper issued in September 2011. The topics covered are: strategies, indexing, superposition-based theorem proving, model building, application of automated reasoning to mathematics, as well as to program verification, data mining, and computer formalized mathematics.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 9754062