Sidelined : how American sports challenged the Black freedom struggle / Simon Henderson
- Henderson, Simon, 1979-
- Lexington : University Press of Kentucky, 
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 227 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Civil rights and the struggle for Black equality in the twentieth century
- Locating the Black athletic revolt in the Black freedom struggle -- The Olympic Project for Human Rights: genesis and response -- The Black athletic revolt on campus -- Black gloves and gold medals: protests, meanings, and reactions at the 1968 Mexico City Olympics -- Beyond Mexico City: sport, race, culture, and politics -- Dixie and the absence of a Black athletic revolt.
- 9780813141541 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0813141540 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2012
View MARC record | catkey: 9755286