Dispossession [electronic resource] : the performative in the political : conversations with Athena Athanasiou / Judith Butler
- Butler, Judith
- Cambridge, UK ; Malden, MA, USA : Polity, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xi, 211 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Athanasiou, Athena and Ebooks Corporation
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Aporetic dispossession, or the trouble with dispossession -- 2.The logic of dispossession and the matter of the human (after the critique of metaphysics of substance) -- 3.A caveat about the "primacy of economy" -- 4.Sexual dispossessions -- 5.(Trans)possessions, or bodies beyond themselves -- 6.The sociality of self-poietics: Talking back to the violence of recognition -- 7.Recognition and survival, or surviving recognition -- 8.Relationality as self-dispossession -- 9.Uncounted bodies, incalculable performativity -- 10.Responsiveness as responsibility -- 11.Ex-propriating the performative -- 12.Dispossessed languages, or singularities named and renamed -- 13.The political promise of the performative -- 14.The governmentality of "crisis" and its resistances -- 15.Enacting another vulnerability: On owing and owning -- 16.Trans-border affective foreclosures and state racism -- 17.Public grievability and the politics of memorialization -- 18.The political affects of plural performativity -- 19.Conundrums of solidarity -- 20.The university, the humanities, and the book bloc -- 21.Spaces of appearance, politics of exposure.
- 9780745676401 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Perth, W.A. Available via World Wide Web.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 9755809