Stabat Mater [electronic resource] : Litany to the Virgin Mary ; Symphony no. 3 / Szymanowski
- Szymanowski, Karol, 1882-1937
- Uniform Title:
- Works. Selections
- Additional Titles:
- Litany to the Virgin Mary
- [England] : EMI Classics, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Szmytka, Elzbieta
Connell, John, 1956-2007
Rattle, Simon, 1955-
Szymanowski, Karol, 1882-1937
City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra. Chorus
City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
- Language Note:
- Sung in Polish; the 1st work translated from the original Latin. Text of the 2nd work by Jerzy Liebert, of the 3rd by Jalāl ad-Dīn ar-Rūmī, translated from Persian.
- Stabat Mater -- Litany to the Virgin Mary -- Symphony no. 3, op. 27 'Song of the night'
- ["00:23:21", "00:08:01", "00:24:42"]
- EMI Classics: 7243 5 55121 2 3. Additional no. on container back: CDC 5 55121 2.
The 1st work for solo voices (SMzB), chorus and orchestra; the 2nd for soprano solo, women's chorus and orchestra; the 3rd in part with tenor solo and chorus.
Sung in Polish; the 1st work translated from the original Latin. Text of the 2nd work by Jerzy Liebert, of the 3rd by Jalāl ad-Dīn ar-Rūmī, translated from Persian.
Notes by Robin Golding in English, with French translation, and by Eckhardt von den Hoogen in German, and vocal texts in Polish with English, French and German translations (19 p.)--inserted in container.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Elzbieta Szmytka, soprano ; Florence Quivar, mezzo-soprano ; Jon Garrison, tenor ; John Connell, bass ; CBSO Chorus ; City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra ; Simon Rattle, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded Apr. and Oct. 1993, Symphony Hall, Birmingham, England.
View MARC record | catkey: 9758494