Scheherazade [electronic resource] / Rimsky-Korsakov. Prince Igor. Polovtsian dances / Borodin
- Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolay, 1844-1908
- Uniform Title:
- New York, NY : EMI Classics, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Additional Creators:
- Staryk, Steven, 1932-
Beecham, Thomas, 1879-1961
Borodin, Aleksandr Porfirʹevich, 1833-1887
Beecham Choral Society
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
- Great recordings of the century
- Language Note:
- The 2nd work sung in Russian.
- Scheherazade, Op. 35 / Nikolay Andreyevich Rimsky-Korsakov (Thomas Beecham, conductor ; Royal Philharmonic Orchestra) -- Prince Igor / Alexander Porfir'yevich Borodin (Thomas Beecham, conductor ; Royal Philharmonic Orchestra).
- Related Titles:
- Arabian nights
Prince Igor. Polovtsian dances
- ["00:45:41", "00:12:15"]
- EMI Classics: 7243 5 66998 2 3 (additional no. on container: CDU 7243 5 66998 2 3).
The 1st work is a suite based on The thousand and one nights; the 2nd work, opera excerpts.
Originally released 1958 and 1974; compilation previously released 1987.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Producers, Victor Olof & Lawrance Collingwood (1st work) ; Lawrance Collingwood (2nd work).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Steven Staryk, violin (1st work) ; Beecham Choral Society (2nd work) ; Royal Philharmonic Orchestra ; Sir Thomas Beecham, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded Mar. 17-19 and 28, 1957, Kingsway Hall, London (1st work), and Nov. 10, 1956, No. 1 Studio, Abbey Road, London (2nd work).
View MARC record | catkey: 9758833