Living toys [electronic resource] / Thomas Adès
- Adès, Thomas
- Uniform Title:
- Works. Selections
- New York : EMI Classics, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Clark, Andrew (Horn player)
Niesemann, Michael, 1960-
Endellion String Quartet
King's College (University of Cambridge). Choir
- Classical music library
- Language Note:
- The 5th work sung in Middle English.
- Living toys : op. 9 (19:06) -- Arcadiana : op. 12 (19:27) -- Sonata da caccia : op. 11 (12:36) -- The origin of the harp : op. 13 (9:19) -- Gefriolsae me : op. 3b (3:49).
- ["00:19:06", "00:19:27", "00:12:36", "00:09:19", "00:03:49"]
- Previously released as a compact disc.
The 1st work a suite for chamber orchestra; the 2nd work for string quartet; the 3rd work for baroque oboe, horn, and harpsichord; the 4th work a symphonic poem for trios of clarinets, violas, and violoncellos with percussion; the 5th work for men's choir with organ.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- London Sinfonietta, Markus Stenz, conductor (1st work) ; Endellion Quartet (2nd work) ; Michael Niesemann, baroque oboe, Andrew Clark, horn, Thomas Adès, harpsichord (3rd work) ; Choir of King's College, Cambridge, Robert Quinney, organ, Stephen Cleobury, conductor (5th work).
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded at All Saints' Church, Petersham, May 1995 (1st work), No. 1 Studio, Abbey Road, London, Mar. and May 1997 (2nd-3rd works), All Hallows Church, Gospel Oak, London, May 1997 (4th work), and Chapel of King's College, Cambridge, Jan. 1997 (5th work).
View MARC record | catkey: 9759109