The emergent multiverse : quantum theory according to the Everett Interpretation / David Wallace
- Wallace, David, 1976-
- Additional Titles:
- Quantum theory according to the Everett Interpretation
- Oxford, U.K. : Oxford University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 530 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Introduction -- The plurality of worlds: The paradox of measurement ; The emergence of multiplicity ; Chaos, decoherence, and branching ; First interlude -- Probability in a branching universe: The probability puzzle ; Symmetry, rationality, and the Born rule ; Everettian statistical inference ; Second interlude -- Quantum mechanics, Everett style: Uncertainty, possibility, and identity ; Spacetime and the quantum state ; The directions of branching and the direction of time ; A cornucopia of Everettian consequences -- Conclusion -- Epilogue -- Appendices: A. Proof of the branching-decoherence theorem ; B. Classical decision theory ; C. Formal proofs of decision-theoretic results ; D. Proof of the utility equivalence lemma.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -508) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2012
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 9761726