Odd couples : extraordinary differences between the sexes in the animal kingdom / Daphne J. Fairbairn
- Fairbairn, Daphne J.
- Princeton : Princeton University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- viii, 300 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm
- The roots of sexual differences : why male and female animals differ -- Elephant seals : harems, hierarchies, and giant males -- Great bustards : gorgeous males and choosy females -- Shell-carrying cichlids : protective males and furtive females -- Yellow garden spiders : sedentary females and roving males -- Blanket octopuses : drifting females and dwarf males -- Giant seadevils : fearsome females and parasitic males -- Bone-eating worms : female tubeworms with harems of minuscule males -- Shell-burrowing barnacles : sac-like females with harems of phallic males -- The diversity of sexual differences : differences between males and females across the animal kingdom.
- 9780691141961 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0691141967 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 247-285) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2012
Purchased with funds from the Robert E. and Joyce L. Umbaugh Libraries Endowment for the Penn State DuBois Campus Library; 2012
- Endowment Note:
- Robert E. and Joyce L. Umbaugh Libraries Endowment for the Penn State DuBois Campus Library
View MARC record | catkey: 9761740