Judicial cases concerning American slavery and the negro / edited by Helen Tunnicliff Catterall (Mrs. Ralph C.H. Catterall).
- Carnegie institution of Washington publication ; no. 374
- I. Cases from the courts of England, Virginia, West Virginia, and Kentucky -- 2. North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee -- 3. Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana -- v. 4. Cases from the courts of New England, the Middle states, and the District of Columbia. 1936 -- v. 5. Cases from the courts of states north of the Ohio and west of the Mississippi rivers, Canada and Jamaica. 1937.
- Related Titles:
- American slavery and the negro
- "The index has been prepared by Mr. David M. Matteson."--Pref. and "Under each state, the cases are set in chronological order, cases in the federal courts arising in that state being incorporated in the places where their dates would bring them. The compilation has been brought to a close, in each state, at the end of the year 1875."--Pref.
- Bibliography Note:
- "List of abbreviations": v. 1, p. xi-xiv.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microform. Chicago, Library Resources, 1972. 4 microfiches ; 8 x 13 cm. Reduction ratio varies. (Library of American civilization).
View MARC record | catkey: 988784