The ballad literature and popular music of the olden time. [music] : a history of the ancient songs, ballads, and of the dance tunes of England, with numerous anecdotes and entire ballads; also, a short account of the minstrels / by G. A. Macfarren. With a new introd. by Frederick W. Sternfeld
- Chappell, W. (William), 1809-1888
- New York : Dover Publications, .
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. (xxvii, 822p.) : illus., facsims., music ; 22 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Macfarren, G. A. (George Alexander), Sir, 1813-1887
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Dover books ; T1421-2
- Related Titles:
- Popular music of the olden time
- An expansion of his Collection of national English airs, pub. in 1838-40. Recast by H. E. Wooldridge and pub. in 1893 as Old English popular music.
View MARC record | catkey: 989642