Freight demand modeling and data improvement / Keith M. Chase and Patrick Anater, Gannett Fleming, Inc., Thomas Phelan, Eng-Wong, Taub and Associates
- Chase, Keith M.
- Washington, D.C. : Transportation Research Board, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 80 pages : illustration ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Anater, Patrick, Phelan, Thomas J., National Research Council (U.S.). Transportation Research Board, and Second Strategic Highway Research Program (U.S.)
- Executive summary -- Chapter 1. Introduction -- Chapter 2. Research approach -- Chapter 3. Findings and applications -- Chapter 4. Conclusions and suggested research.
- "TRB's second Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP 2) Report S2-C20-RR-1: Freight Demand Modeling and Data Improvement documents the state of the practice for freight demand modeling. The report also explores the fundamental changes in freight modeling, and data and data collection that could help public and private sector decision-makers make better and more informed decisions. SHRP 2 Capacity Project C20, which produced Report S2-C20-RR-1, also produced the following items: A Freight Demand Modeling and Data Improvement Strategic Plan, which outlines seven strategic objectives that are designed to serve as the basis for future innovation in freight travel demand forecasting and data, and to guide both near- and long-term implementation: A speaker's kit, which is intended to be a "starter" set of materials for use in presenting the freight modeling and data improvement strategic plan to a group of interested professionals; and; A 2010 Innovations in Freight Demand Modeling and Data Symposium " -- publisher's description
- At head of title: The Second Strategic Highway Research Program.
"SHRP 2 capacity research"--Cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 77-80).
- Other Forms:
- Also available online.
View MARC record | catkey: 9903554