Perspectives on feminism from Africa / [edited by] Lai Olurode
- Olurode, ʼLai
- Durham, N.C. : Carolina Academic Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 192 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Introduction / 'Lai Olurode -- Fractured feminism / 'Lai Olurode -- Gender and culture in old and new Africa / Toyin Falola -- A feminist appraisal of the social context of adolescent internet use in Nigeria / Kunnuji Michael -- Globalization, gender bias, and trafficking in young women: a feminist interpretation / Franca Attoh -- Family planning services and the quest for women's empowerment in Nigeria: revisiting the notion of fertility as martyrdom / Chinyere C. P. Nnorom -- Gender and discrimination among people living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria / Chinwe R. Nwanna -- Impact of rural women's associations on women's political empowerment in Nigeria: a study of Akwa Ibom state / Idongesit Eshiet -- Feminization of poverty in old age: lessons from Lagos State, Nigeria / Bola Amaike -- Feminists in their own right: self-appraisal by women heading households in Lagos, Nigeria / Funmi Bammeke -- Conclusion / 'Lai Olurode.
- 9781611630114 (alk. paper)
1611630118 (alk. paper)
- COLLECTION OF NEW ESSAYS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Class of 1984 Endowed Book Fund; 2012
- Endowment Note:
- Class of 1984 Endowed Book Fund
View MARC record | catkey: 9903979