Who Counts? : the power of participatory statistics / edited by Jeremy Holland ; with afterword by Robert Chambers
- Rugby : Practical Action Pub., 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 212 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Holland, Jeremy
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction: Participatory statistics: a `win-win' for international development / Jeremy Holland -- pt. I Participatory statistics and policy change -- 2.Participatory 3-dimensional modelling for policy and planning: the practice and the potential / Giacomo Rambaldi -- 3.Measuring urban adaptation to climate change: experiences in Kenya and Nicaragua / Alfredo Stein -- 4.Participatory statistics, local decision-making, and national policy design: Ubudehe community planning in Rwanda / Ashish Shah -- 5.Generating numbers with local governments for decentralized health sector policy in the Philippines / Rose Marie R. Nierras -- 6.From fragility to resilience: the role of participatory community mapping, strategic planning and knowledge management in Sudan / Margunn Indreboe Alshaikh -- pt. II Who counts reality? Participatory statistics in monitoring and evaluation -- 7.Accountability downwards, count-ability upwards: quantifying empowerment outcomes in Bangladesh / Sohel Ibn Ali -- 8.Community groups monitoring impact with participatory statistics in India: reflections from an international NGO collective / Srividhya Tantry -- 9.Scoring perceptions of services in the Maldives: instant feedback and the power of increased local engagement / Jeremy Holland -- 10.Are we targeting the poor? Lessons with participatory statistics in Malawi / Carlos Barahona -- pt. III Statistics for participatory impact assessment -- 11.Participatory impact assessment in drought policy contexts: lessons from southern Ethiopia / Andy Catley -- 12.Participatory impact assessment: the `Starter Pack Scheme' and sustainable agriculture in Malawi / Rowland Chirwa -- 13.Participatory impact assessments of farmer productivity programmes in Africa / Susanne Neubert.
- 9781853397721 and 1853397725
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Class of 1985 Endowed Book fund; 2012
View MARC record | catkey: 9903980