To Amend Merchant Marine Act of 1920. Vol. 1 [electronic resource] : hearings before the United States Senate Committee on Commerce, and House Committee on Merchant Marine and Fisheries, Sixty-Seventh Congress, second session, on Apr. 4-6, 10-14, 17-22, 24-28, May 1, 1922
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Commerce
- Washington : U.S. G.P.O., 1922.
- Physical Description:
- 1,260 pages ; cm.
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Congress. House. Committee on Merchant Marine and Fisheries
- Considers legislation to provide for U.S. Shipping Board disposal of vessels acquired during wartime; to revise Federal maritime subsidy, taxation, and insurance policies; to establish a Merchant Marine Naval Reserve; to coordinate rail and steamship transportation; and to require that a certain proportion of immigrants to U.S. use American passenger vessels. Appendix A includes "Report on the History of Shipping Discriminations and on Various Forms of Government Aid to Shipping" (p. 67-103); Appendix B includes "Government Aid to Merchant Shipping: A Study Prepared Under Direction of U.S. Shipping Board" (p. 107-170).
Considers (67) S. 3217, (67) H.R. 10644.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Hearings Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest Congressional Hearings Digital Collection. Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. [Bethesda, Md.] : ProQuest, 2004. digital, PDF file. ProQuest U.S. Congressional Hearings Digital Collection. Mode of access: World Wide Web via ProQuest website.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 9926938