Wynton Marsalis plays Handel, Purcell, Torelli, Fasch, Molter. [sound recording].
- Marsalis, Wynton, 1961-
- New York, N.Y. : CBS Masterworks, p1984.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sound disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo., digital processed ; 12 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Leppard, Raymond, Fasch, Johann Friedrich, 1688-1758, Handel, George Frideric, 1685-1759, Torelli, Giuseppe, 1658-1709, Purcell, Henry, 1659-1695. Selections, Purcell, Henry, 1659-1695, Molter, Johann Melchior, 1696-1765, Gruberova, Edita, 1946-, and English Chamber Orchestra
- Concerto in D major for trumpet, two oboes and strings / Fasch -- Let the bright seraphim, from Samson / Handel -- Sonata a 5 for trumpet and strings, T.V. 3 / Torelli -- Sound the trumpet [and] Chaconne, from Come ye sons of art ; Entrada [and] Trumpet air, from the Indian queen ; Trumpet tune, from King Arthur ; Trumpet overture, from the Indian queen / Purcell -- Sonata a 5 for trumpet and strings, T.V. 7 / Torelli -- Eternal source of light divine, from Birthday ode for Queen Anne / Handel -- Concerto no. 2 for solo trumpet and strings, MWV IV, 14 / Molter.
- Durations on labels.
In part, oratorio, opera, and cantata excerpts.
Copy 2: The Dan Yoder Jazz LP Collection
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Wynton Marsalis, trumpet ; Edita Gruberova, soprano (2nd, 4th and 8th works) ; Charles Tunnell, cello (7th work) ; English Chamber Orchestra ; Raymond Leppard, conductor.
View MARC record | catkey: 994642