Bridges, Harbors, and Miscellaneous Projects [electronic resource] : hearings before the United States Senate Committee on Public Works, Subcommittee on Flood Control -- Rivers and Harbors, Eighty-Seventh Congress, first session, on May 8, Sept. 21, 1961
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Public Works. Subcommittee on Flood Control: Rivers and Harbors
- Washington : U.S. G.P.O., 1961.
- Physical Description:
- iii, 72 pages ; cm.
- Considers. S. 48, to allow for renegotiation of Army-private business lease agreements regarding commercial recreation facilities in Army reservoir areas. S. 50, to grant the Army Corps of Engineers additional control over D.C. water supply facility and the regulation of traffic on MacArthur Blvd, which runs up to and through facility. S. 49 and related H.R. 8921, to authorize annual financial audits of Bridge Commissions and Authorities, and to provide uniform procedure of replacing their personnel. S. 811, to establish the Wabash Basin Interagency Water Resources Commission. S. 307, to authorize beach erosion control project for city of Oceanside, Calif. H.R. 8320, to amend construction of Freeport harbor in Texas, revoking provision that town of Freeport must provide land for public beach to expedite construction of a harbor bridge. H.R. 3019, to authorize construction of a fireproof annex building for the GPO. Also reviews progress of Pan-American Highway system.
Considers (87) S. 48, (87) H.R. 8921, (87) S. 811, (87) S. 49, (87) S. 50, (87) S. 307, (87) S. 3019, (87) H.R. 8320.
- Related Titles:
- ProQuest U.S. Congressional Hearings Digital Collection
- Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest Congressional Hearings Digital Collection. Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. [Bethesda, Md.] : ProQuest, 2004. digital, PDF file. ProQuest U.S. Congressional Hearings Digital Collection. Mode of access: World Wide Web via ProQuest website.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
View MARC record | catkey: 9947840